To participate in the Pelvic PT Conference Calls, please follow the instructions below!
- On the home page, scroll to the bottom and click “follow” to sign up for the email notifications on new blog posts on this site. You will then automatically be emailed the monthly articles (articles will not be posted on this website).
- Call: 641-715-3580
Access code: 770-409#
International number available, email Beth Shelly: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please call Free Conference call at 877-216-7555 or 844-844-1322 if you are having trouble accessing the call.
- Several articles will be discussed with application to clinical practice. Articles will be provided in electronic form 1 to 2 weeks before the meeting by email. After the call, recordings will be posted on this blog under the “Recordings” tab. And outlines will be posted under the outline tab
- Calls are usually held on Wednesday of the first full week of each month 8:30 PM EST for one hour and are open for physical therapists (PT) and physical therapists (PTA) only. Full year schedule is on the “home” tab of this blog.
- During the conference call: Please mute your line using *6 to avoid background noise. Questions, comments, and discussion are encouraged – use *6 again to unmute. Participants can post live questions or comments on the blog site during conference calls if they do not wish to speak on the phone. Questions/comments will be answered during the call.
- Cost: All members of the planning committee, administrative and social media groups, and all discussion speakers are providing services free of charge.
- Time commitment of the group participants: Participants are welcome to attend as many or as few as they want or to just read articles and / or listen to the recordings. We hope for an active group. Any email address that does not open at least half of the articles will receive a personal email to determine further interest in participating in the group. Those not responding will be dropped from the email list.
Conference Call Etiquette:
- Please say your name before you speak
- Try not to talk over others, make a note so you remember your question.
- Please allow time for all to give input.
- We would like to keep the meeting time to one hour.
In order to decrease background noise…
- If you are using a head set – take out dangling earrings
- Some speaker phone set ups work, but the call quality will be much better if you are holding the phone
- Press *6 to mute your phone if you must leave the call or have other noise occurring.
- Discussion is encouraged – press *6 to unmute your line to ask a question or contribute to the discussion
- Avoid the following as they do create noise in the call
- Shuffling papers unnecessarily
- Typing unnecessarily
- Also important before the call
- Take pets (esp dogs) away from the phone call area
- Shut off fax or move away from fax if possible