To participate in the Pelvic PT Distance Journal Club
At this time, only Pelvic PT/PTA or Occupational Therapists specializing in pelvic floor dysfunction are invited to participate and receive email articles. Please email Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the email list. You will then be automatically emailed the monthly articles (articles will not be posted on this website). Call-in instructions are sent with the email notification.
You may also follow the blog to receive email notification when recording and outlines are posted. To join the blog – on the home page, scroll to the bottom, enter your email and click “follow”.
- Several articles will be discussed with application to clinical practice. Articles will be provided in electronic form 1 to 2 weeks before the meeting by email. After the call, recordings and outlines will be posted on this blog under the “Recordings and Outlines” tab.
- Calls are usually held on Wednesday of the first full week of each month 8:30 PM EST for one hour and are open for physical therapists (PT) and physical therapists (PTA) only. Full year schedule is on the “home” tab of this blog.
- During the conference call: Please mute your line using *6 to avoid background noise. Questions, comments, and discussion are encouraged – use *6 again to unmute. Participants can post live questions or comments on the blog site during conference calls if they do not wish to speak on the phone. Questions/comments will be answered during the call.
- Cost: All members of the planning committee, administrative and social media groups, and all discussion speakers are providing services free of charge.
- Time commitment of the group participants: Participants are welcome to attend as many or as few as they want or to just read articles and / or listen to the recordings. We hope for an active group. Any email address that does not open at least half of the articles will receive a personal email to determine further interest in participating in the group. Those not responding will be dropped from the email list.
Conference Call Etiquette:
- Please say your name before you speak
- Try not to talk over others, make a note so you remember your question.
- Please allow time for all to give input.
- We would like to keep the meeting time to one hour.
In order to decrease background noise…
- If you are using a head set – take out dangling earrings
- Some speaker phone set ups work, but the call quality will be much better if you are holding the phone
- Press *6 to mute your phone if you must leave the call or have other noise occurring.
- Discussion is encouraged – press *6 to unmute your line to ask a question or contribute to the discussion
- Avoid the following as they do create noise in the call
- Shuffling papers unnecessarily
- Typing unnecessarily
- Also important before the call
- Take pets (esp dogs) away from the phone call area
- Shut off fax or move away from fax if possible